Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

SYTYCD: Results Show June 18, 2009

The show starts with a Mia Choreography. Liked it!
A montage of Philosopher King Lil’ C. I’m so sorry that I wasn’t recording the show tonight! I would have loved to write down each and every word of that montage!
Rushing into the first round of results. Melliser (Cat’s loving pronunciation) and Ade are safe, as expected. Philip and Jeanine’s Tango gets them … safe! Caitlin and Jason are bottom three-d. I had not done that, so my blog from last night is totally off, however it was a dance that turned me off. I contradict myself sometimes, what can I say, accelerated writing and reactions sometimes…
Brandon and Janette are safe, even after that tough choice. I’m glad.
Karla and Jonathan are buck in Lil’C’s eyes and the US! Shane Sparks is in hot water as two of his choreographies are in the bottom (even as Kupono is disguised as Brian Friedman). To be honest, I didn’t like Shane’s choreographies either (see my Twitts-www.twitter.com/ttitude). However, I wrongly assumed that America will vote for them. I guess I should give America and myself more credit next time!
Evan and Randy are safe with their fun number. Asuka and Vitolio’s Waltz overcomes the woman killer choreography of Brian. Is it odd that the renowned Sparks and Friedman are the choreographers in the bottom two?
Again, not to justify it, but out of “respect” for the status quo I wasn’t as harsh as I wanted to be about these two last night. But I’m actually glad that America got it right. My predictions were wrong because I assumed that the audience will go for the Friedman/Sparks’ choreographies. Next week, I’ll try to believe in myself a bit more!
And then we have a “Bollywood” dancer whose name occupied the whole screen from left to right and I couldn’t capture. As I see her. I remember when I used to see the American Indian PowWows out West as those jingling anklets and bracelets are a common accessory for both these ethnic-like dances. Loved it!
The solos, what can I say? The most pathetic is Kupono’s, disguised as a poor dancer’s version of Brian Friedman, but Ashley’s isn’t exactly uplifting either. Caitlin is still one of my favorites this season, and as I expect to see her to be part of the top ten, I assume she’ll stay. Kayla’s solo is okay, nothing exceptional.
Maks’ solo is a blur of moving legs that make him definitely safe in my eyes. The show needs a ballroom dancer, and he’s definitely a professional that can pick choreography.
After the Britney-Spears-Has-been-Lip-Synching-Wannabee performs, we find out the jidges decision (not unanimous says Nigel). Ashley is out, after the robot routine and Shane’s shadow. Amazingly, in a STOOPID decision, Maksim is out! This guy’s soo muuch bbetterr than Kupono! RUKM! This decision is a joke!
Are they going to pull out one of their trick later on, ala Thayne, and bring him back when someone else gets injured or whatever and they need a professional dancer… Maybe… I hope so…!!!
Well, I cannot understand this decision. Voting off Maks instead of Kupono?!?!? Am I SOO out of it? P***d off does not begin to describe my feelings about this result. I do not understand: between K and M the clear choice was M—even when seeking TV ratings! Maybe I AM out of it after all…
I’m not happy right now! Bye. Until next week.

3 comments:

jcook said...

June 18, 2009
What is she wearing? Who designed the white suit?
Outstanding!
WAY better than the red dress of last night!
Who would know this stuff?

Karesme said...

Jcook: True. Cat's white suit was so much better tonight than that red mistake last night. Although the pants were a bit long.

confused said...

i dislike kalya!!!! her solo was super boring!! yucky jazz dance and horrible samba! why do the judges like her so much, i dont see it :(