Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Results Show - Week 1

Tonight, I was late arriving home from work, so I missed the first five minutes of SYTYCD live results show. In those five minutes, apparently many things happened including a group hip hop dance to Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. My friends tell me that it was cool. I’ll have to watch it on Youtube.
Okay. So I think I did kind of okay with my predictions last night, although I was completely wrong about the actual bottom two. I was certain that Karla and Jonathan will be part of the bottom three (and I was correct), but then I had doubts between four other couples. I included Paris and Tony and Asuka and Vitolio among them, however, so I guess I was right that way. But I thought Karla and John will be the ones out, and I was wrong.
Do the judges really take the solos into account? Apparently so, if based on tonight’s episode. Because, seriously, after watching tonight’s solos I also thought that Tony was terrible! And, if you see my previous blogs, you’ll see that I thought it was kind of a joke that Tony got into the show to begin with (after his chair act in Vegas? come on!). However, after last night, I thought they might give Tony another week, just to keep another hip hopper in the show. Anyhow, I won’t miss Tony.
About the girls, I thought Asuka’s solo was not good but, honestly, none of the girls’ solos really impressed me. But Asuka’s been so much better than that solo! It looked like she was completely out of steam and didn’t know what to do. However, I’m glad they kept her. About Paris, I think there is only room for one tutu in this show and that is Melissa’s (although tonight Melissa was wearing just 1/8 of it!).
Well, going against my conspiracy theorist best instincts, tonight I thought that the judges were very fair! I almost like if I were watching top chef!
Okay, no major surprises tonight on So You Think You Can Dance, not much to say about Cat’s outfit, just a mellow results show. Next week, the competition continues… and we may have spoilers early on in the week (Monday night) if we get our sources at the taping to give us any hints: who dances what with whom, etc., etc., etc…..

No comments: