Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

SYTYCD Elimination Day 7/16/09: And Then There Were 5, 6, 7, Eight!

Cat seems to be wearing a design inspired by a cobalt blue enameled ashtray present for mother’s day, though smokin’ hot its NOT. At least it shows off her legs…
Wade Robson’s oriental rice paddy peasants come out with a pulsating White Black and Red girl rhythm. A good group number, by Wade assisted by Travis, opens the show on a dramatic note, promising surprises. The first one of the night is that, from now on, Nigel is DR. NIGEL, honorary doctorate of the arts from a University all the way back in England. Then we are pleasantly surprised as SYTCD Emmy nominees are announced, including our favorites: Bleeding Love, The Door, that Tango number with Jason and Chelsie, and that Adam/Eve number. Then comes the Cat, with her dreaded envelopes to tell us about the girls:
Janette hypnosis carries on, with her zombie moves and swaying hips making people pick up the phone for her.
Randi gets to sit on the stool of danger, as she is one of the bottom two.
Jeanine performance muted Mary, but not America’s phones as they rang for her and she is safe!
With Kayla and Melissa standing at the end, the blue enameled Cat quasi-surprises us when she says that Melissa will sit next to Randi. As I think about it that hippie number was not that cool, after all. It could be that when I said last night that this was a killer routine, I was not SOO far off. We’ll see in just a few minutes—after the break!
And now for the boys:
Jason is glad that Mary is not allowed to pinch his cheeks, butt America apparently wants to do so too! (despite the golden shoes… and why are Jason and Ade wearing the same shoes?)
Evan (contrary to my expectations) is safe, while Kupono is not (I expected Kupono to be safe based on my tween-teen radar, not on dancing abilities; I was trusting more what the tween-teen Twittersphere was telling me than my own lying eyes). Based on the same, I expect that Ade will be safe (which means that Brandon is not). But surprises are in store tonight! Brandon IS safe (which probably means that so will Melissa be)! The golden shoes did not do it for Ade. Seriously folks, between Ade and Kupono? How hard could it be to figure it out. Lets see after the solos if America gets it right this time…
After Randi’s solo, Debbie confesses (amidst her long exposition) that she wears extensions. The Kupono solo is the same as last night, except for the costume! What a difference a day makes… this time his solo looked rather jerky and with those feathers it reminded me a bit of a chicken dance. I am sorry, Mr. K, but for your benefit the show tonight did not get you out of the gate. Melissa’s solo is as good as it was last night, as is Ade’s. Not much to say, except to wait until (Fergie) The Black Eyed Peas finish their number.
As expected, we are sorry to see Randi leave and, after the two boys come out all ethnic each one of them, America finally gets it right and (as the final surprise of the night for me) Kupono leaves the competition tonight. I guess I should start believing my lying eyes a bit more… I was calling Kupono out since week one… since the auditions even… It took some time for America to finally get it right... After they convinced me that Kupono wasn't that bad after all!... Now, I'm so confused! Maybe the fact that the jidges in the end could not save him also made him be done tonight (me and my conspiracy theories). Until next week when, of course, Henry the Horse will dance the Waltz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How? Can someone explain how Evan is even still ont the show, much less has never been in the bottom?
It seems so unfair that simply because America got to know him and his brother in Vegas I should be forced to watch better qualified dancers be in the bottom.
It makes me want to stop watching the show....though I know I won't.

MichaelD said...

I agree. And I cannot believe that among so many people auditioning, Evan is top four? No way! And get ready for his brother in Season 6!

Unknown said...

what’s up! I bet my friend $20 at the very beginning of the season that Kayla would would win it all, and she is almost there! I could talk for hours about it. I love reading your blog, you’re funny
and you articulate your thoughts very well.
I came to tell you that i just saw this video blog called Spoiler Sal on you tube, and he mentions your blog and says some funny weird stuff about you! I put the link here for you. It’s the goods. All the best, The finale is coming! Adios!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuV51OsGbL4

Karesme said...

gerardjim: I bet you $50 that Jeanine is going to win. Wanna bet?