Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2008

SYTYCD: Episode 7 Omi! The results!

Nigel bound and gagged… is this a promise of things to come? Talk about a gag order! Once released by Cat he says “let’s be nice to the dancers this year”. Alright, haven’t I been saying that they are doing that all along?
With the first threesome couplet, as predicted Kherington and Twitch, Chelsie H. and Mark, and Chesea T. and Thayne are safe. In the next group, this time four, again as I predicted, Comfort and Chris make it, Kourtni and Matt are bottom-threed, and so are Rayven and Jaime. I am happy that Susi Q and Marqis sail through. With the last trio of couples, Katee and Joshua skip on by, and between Courtney and Gev, and Jessica and Will, well… I missed the last bottom three couple, Jessica and Will, but **@!!*?!!*, Will had the power to coast them both, or so I thought.
Poppin’ Pete and Shonn Boog. Amazing. They really moved like Push Puppets. Quite interesting.
In the Dance for Their Life, Rayven, I’m sorry, presents herself as a ballerina, but she is not, and without trying to be mean I have to say that her dancing was a disservice to the art of ballet. Matt does not impress either. Kourtni does what the skit says: dance for her life and I think she deserves to stay. Jaime was alright, I thought, but the show proved me wrong later on. Jessica again, dances for her life and Will, well what can I say… he shouldn’t have been in this situation! Will is great! After this, nobody will want to dance tango again! Jessica and Will had terrible costuming and a low voter routine: they should NOT have been bottom three.
And now we’re put through the torture of the Pussycat dolls. More commercials would have been better than having to watch this sorry display. Their singing (if we can call their pathetic meowing that) was so awful that I just distracted myself by trying to decode if their costumes were actual latex or spray-on painting. Why did this show make such an awful choice, specially knowing that so many young girls are fans of SYTYCD. Is this what they want them to be “when they grow up?”
After this sorry display, the jidges (as Cat says) are back to confirm our prediction: Rayven is out, though Jessica gets a dressing down—dire forebodings for her. As for the guys, I am very, very surprised in a way that Jamie is out. Is it because of the partnering? The casting? The Jaime/Rayven couple is out of the match. Rayven’s outing is clearly well deserved. Jaime versus Matt, I’m not so sure. Unfair? Who knows, there are always backroom issues that we do not know about, and casting situations that the producers have to consider. Matt and Kourtni carry on tall for another week… can’t wait for next Wednesday!! (in a low voice… “so you think you can dance, dance, dance…”)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Marquis and Susie are safe!! Their ballroom dance was soo beautiful, I have never seen him dance like that before =)

It's so crazy to think that just a few months ago I was competing with him at Dance Masters of America!! It's a small world, that's for sure.

Love your blogs, keep it up!

~Ashley D.~